How to Share your Closet
Adding a listing
- SHARE MY CLOSET
It is free to list on iShareCloset. Add a listing and decide on:
- Rent and/or sale - Price (iShareCloset will provide a suggested price, but it is ultimately up to you)
- Add photos of the item.
- Uploaded images should follow the provided guidelines:
- All images need to show the item on a person or a mannequin, and NOT on a hanger.
- The image should clearly exhibit the fashion item and include a minimum of FOUR images: front, back, side and another photo highlighting any close-up details
- No group photos with other people in the frame. ONLY individual shot.
- No selfies. Please get someone else to take the photograph if you are modelling the item.
- Clear background (recommended white wall)
- No blurry photos. Quality of image must be clear and has to be within 400px*400px max.
- SUBMIT LISTING to the iShareCloset admin.
- iShareCloset admin will vet the listing, and then publish if it meets all
- Note: you will still be able to view your listing and edit it as necessary. Only you can view it until it is published by admin (access via ‘profile’, then ‘listings’).
- Your listing will then be viewable to the public.
- iShareCloset does not insure your items. You must take out any necessary
insurance on your items at your discretion when listing on iShareCloset.
iShareCloset is here for YOU! If you would like your items to be properly photographed for a listing, let iShareCloset do the work for you. Use our Concierge Service to present your items as beautifully and accurately as possible for potential renters/buyers.
- 5 items - $ 70 AUD
- 10 items - $110 AUD
- 15 items - $150 AUD
- 20 items - $180 AUD
- 25 items - $225 AUD
Pay $1 AUD a day to have your listing featured at the top of all listings on iShareCloset. Increase the number of renters who are interested in YOUR listings to maximise your earnings!
When one of your listings is requested for rent/purchase
- ORDER PLACED
- You will receive an email saying, ‘order placed’ with all information regarding the particular item that has been requested for rent/purchase, as well as the ‘start’ and ‘end’ dates of the rental period (for rent only). There will also be a checklist that will contain all relevant packing information.
- You can directly contact the renter via our messaging feature
- PACK + POST
- You will receive a postal REMINDER email 2 days before the START date of the requested rental/purchase item. It will contain all relevant information about the item, as well as the packing checklist.
- Once the item has been posted, you must send the renter the delivery tracking number and the return tracking number.
- If there are any delays with postage on behalf of the owner/sender, and/or the item does not arrive on the START DATE of the rental period, please ensure that you follow up with your postal delivery service, and keep the renter informed.
- Please note: we are only a platform that facilitates communication and
connection between owner and renter.
- At the end of the rental period, the renter will return the item to the owner. Once received, the owner must click completed on the listing on iShareCloset.
- Note: iShareCloset will automatically ‘complete’ this process if ‘completed’ is not clicked within 2 days of end date of the order.
- The owner will also rate and review the renter once it is confirmed that the product has been returned.
- iShareCloset will pay the owner 75% of the rental price + delivery fee at the end of the rental period.
- Please ensure you have provided iShareCloset with your bank details, so that you can receive the money. This is verified using our secure payment gateway provider STRIPE.
- For STRIPE’s Terms and Conditions click here
The renter must be honest about any damages that occur on any item under their care. This environment is a space of trust, love and care, and so it is expected that all users behave with integrity when renting other people's items. We do understand that accidents happen, which is why iShareCloset has the following options for any damages that occur:
- The renter will inform iShareCloset of the specific damages
- The renter will then send the item to iShareCloset headquarters for further
inspection through iShareCloset’s trusted dry cleaner / alteration studio.
- The renter will have to cover the cost of repair, or potential purchase of the
item if nothing can be done (communication with the owner will be necessary
at this point).
* Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for all information.